http://geck.bethsoft.com/index.php/Main_Page
The website above is a wiki that is monitored internally by the creators of Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas, Bethesda Softworks. I understand that a wiki is a very unreliable form of reference for most academic subjects. However, the wiki is one of the best places to look at resources related to the GECK. Given that the GECK is the program I am using to assemble the level. I believe that it is worth referencing.
Looking at the front page there are sevearl tutorials of varying difficulty which can be used to teach me how to use the GECK effectively and efficiently. I have searched online for books that go into greater depth. However the GECK is a relatively new and very specific tool which does not have as wide applications as a program such as the Unreal Editor. As such there is very little reading material around beyond the support that Bethesda have given to the GECK as well as the community.
The Bethesda forums will also be a place where I can ask questions if i ever experience any issues.
No comments:
Post a Comment